Sitting in the library, taking a break from scoring IQ test. It’s actually a lot less fun than it sounds ;). These pictures have been patiently waiting to be posted for a few days now, as it was a project I worked on over the weekend. This past weekend my friend Josiah drove up from WV to meet the Madison gang. I took advantage of his ability to carry large bags of dirt up three flights of stairs….something i’m not proud of. But together we made a raised garden bed, which my veggies have really been needing! I have been sketching what my garden bed would look like, and it was a pretty straightforward build:
1. 2 x 4 feet in diameter. 1 foot deep. Five 1.5 foot tall legs.
2. Make sure you don’t use treated wood, because you don’t want chemicals getting into your food (and belly!). Also use outdoor screws.
3. So first we drilled the sides together.
4. Then we attached the bottom to the sides
5. Then we screwed the legs onto the bottom
6. Next I drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom so that I could have good drainage. But I don’t have a picture of that, so i’ll just show you a picture of me demonstrating how strong the garden bed was.
And here are my happy little veggies now. I’ve got kale, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, and chives currently in there. Fun, fun, fun. And yes, my back porch is weirdly sloped. Let me know if you have any questions about building one!